Searching for a typical Sunday in Madrid? A Madrid Sunday is all about getting out onto the town streets, having fun with some scrumptious meals, a very good espresso, and taking within the sights and sounds of the town.
There may be a lot extra to Madrid than El Prado and the bullfights – listed here are my prime favorite issues to do in Madrid on a Sunday.
Distinctive Issues to do in Madrid on a Sunday
1. Stroll by El Retiro park with hundreds of Madrilenos, watching bands carry out, boats on the pond, and clowns making balloon animals.
2. Go to the terrace lookout of the Circulo de Bellas Artes constructing for a view of the town skyline and the Gran By way of, Madrid’s fundamental avenue (admission to the rooftop is 1 Euro).
3. Get pleasure from tapas and beer at one of many sunny outside tapas cafés within the La Latina quarter.
4. Sip a beer below an extremely blue Madrid sky at one among a number of eating places with tables arrange contained in the Plaza Mayor, Madrid’s fundamental sq..
5. Dunk “churros” right into a thick, candy chocolate drink at La Chocolateria de San Gines, one among Madrid’s hottest chocolate bars simply off the Calle Arenal pedestrian mall.
6. Take within the buskers and musicians together with hundreds of Madrilenos on the Puerta del Sol plaza then be a part of them as they amble alongside the Calle Arenal pedestrian mall in the direction of the Opera Home.
7. Savour a espresso and watch the elegantly dressed Madrilenos stroll by on the outside patio of Café Gijon just a few blocks north of El Prado museum on the Passeo de Recoletos.
8. Take within the sundown view of Madrid whereas having fun with a lightweight snack or a glass of wine on the glass enclosed rooftop restaurant on prime of the division retailer El Corte Ingles on Gran By way of close to the Callao metro cease.
9. Stand shoulder to shoulder with the locals ingesting draft beer and having fun with cheap tapas on the Almeria tapas bar within the La Latina quarter. (P.S. for those who LOVE tapas and are heading to Barcelona any time quickly, take a look at these low-cost tapas bars in Barcelona).
10. Wander across the newly refurbished, glass enclosed Mercado de San Miguel, the oldest in Madrid, and go to the meals stalls whereas sipping wine and sampling skinny slivers of Spain’s well-known Pata Negra ham.
Madrid Sunday Markets
Love exploring markets? Then why not spend your Sunday trying out these Madrid Sunday Markets.
El Rastro is among the greatest outside markets in Spain and has been a weekly custom for over 400 years. There are over 1,000 distributors providing all the pieces from antiques to furnishings, art work and clothes.
Location: Calle de la Ribera de Curtidores, 28005 Madrid, Spain
Opening hours: it’s open each Sunday in Madrid from 9am to 3pm.
Mercado de Motores
This lovely classic thrifting market is held each second weekend of the each month. It contains handmade clothes, dwell music and scrumptious meals. What makes it much more particular is that it’s situated inside an outdated prepare station!
Location: Museo del Ferrocarril, Paseo de las Delicias, 61, 28045 Madrid, Spain
Opening hours: it’s open each second Sunday in Madrid from 11am to 10pm (go to their web site to verify dates).
Madrid Sunday buying hours
Sunday is usually the day of relaxation in Spain, with many outlets remaining closed on a Sunday. Nevertheless, as extra foreigners transfer into the town you’ll discover that there are just a few outlets open on a Sunday (although, with restricted opening hours).
Supermarkets and shops are normally open all day on Sundays, from 10am to 9pm. Within the metropolis centre, you’ll typically discover small meals or memento outlets open a Sunday.
Try these different locations to go to in Madrid.